Be The Connected came about from the culmination of everything I’ve done previously online when it comes to connection, changing mindsets, and how we can be a positive influence on the world.
- the #12for12k project that raised over $100,000 for non-profits through social media alone
- the #UNFUCD initiative that connected strangers to highlight good people and build communities around local causes
But it always felt there was something missing, something that connected all of that together.
And then it hit me – the connectivity/community I was trying to create would never fully be complete unless it was tied to something bigger.
Which is where Be The Connected comes in.*
Why we need/want to be the connected
- We’re feeling more alone than ever—despite the promise of social media to connect the world
- We want to feel more connected to others; to rediscover the joy of the internet
How this site/project aims to connect us
- The exploration of common ground with others—finding value in our differences
- Conversations and articles discussing what matters to us—without any political or religious interference
What you can do if you’re interested
- Subscribe to the blog or listen to the podcast to see meaningful connection in action
- Step up and be the connected to reconnect with your humanity
*To help ensure an environment where everyone is welcome and supported/supportive, we won’t be including extremists at either end of the spectrum.
The world doesn’t need to be as divided as it is. We don’t need to be as divided as we are. We can be so much more than the sum of our “differences”.
It’s time to find that one connection. It’s time to be that change.
It’s time to Be The Connected.
Founder, Be The Connected
Ready to be the change? Sign up below to get the latest updates and how you can be the change where you are.